Channeling Linus.

Monday, May 19, 2014

What do you want to be when you grow up? 

Throughout life, we are asked this question dozens of times and whether or not we actually know what we want to do, we're often times expected to give a logical answer. I remember early on in elementary school being asked this question. We had just had career day or something of the sort and naturally, after previewing all of these "cool" and "exciting" jobs, we were supposed to know what we wanted to do for the rest of our lives. The pressure to know what I want to do with my life has only gotten worse. As a junior in college, I am asked constantly what I plan to do with my business degree once I'm done with school. Literally, I feel like I'm asked about my future aspirations almost daily. 

Well guess what.. 20 year old me has as much of a plan for her future as 8 year old me did. 
I. Don't. Know. 

So instead of lying to my friends and family about what I'm thinking about doing with my life, (something I've found myself doing a lot lately) I've decided to share Linus' point of view.


That's it. My big aspiration in life is to be happy. Happy with myself. Happy with those who I choose to be around. Happy with my career choice - whatever it may be. Just happy. 

No comments :

Post a Comment