Summer vibes.

Saturday, May 24, 2014

I've been home for summer break for about three weeks now and it's been soo wonderful! I've gotten to sleep as late as I want, catch up on all my tv shows and pretty much do what I want, without having a care in the world. And that's how summer should be right? 

Well, maybe not. I've gotten to that point in my summer where I'm beginning to dread my days home alone with nothing to do. I need something to do to keep busy. I need to be working towards something. I need a schedule! Isn't it funny how everything you dread during those final weeks of classes before break are the things you eventually find yourself craving during summer? 

So since my frantic search for a summer job has come up empty thus far, I've had time on my hands to discover new things (i.e. I've had a lot of time to browse the internet and I've stumbled upon some fun things) and I thought I'd share them with you!

TV: If you're all caught up on your tv shows or you're looking for something new to watch, I recommend Brooklyn Nine-Nine. It's Andy Samberg's new show on Fox and it's hysterical! It's only had one season and the episodes are only half an hour long so it's a great show to start now before season two starts! 

MOVIES: I've been watching a lot of Netflix lately. No really, I'm ashamed to admit how much, but luckily I've gotten to watch a lot of great classics that I honestly don't think I'd ever have watched had I not had all this free time.
 Dirty Dancing, Say Anything, The Breakfast Club, Clueless. Breakfast at Tiffany's. 
The thing about these movies is that I think some of them have lost their hype with my generation which means from here on out, a lot of people might be missing out on some spectacular movies! The thought hurts me really. So, if you've seen these movies, rewatch them because they deserve your love and admiration once again and if you haven't seen them, pop some popcorn and get to watching! 

Music: Lastly, I've recently stumbled upon a wonderful group of musicians whose music and energy are indescribably contagious. Again, they aren't really a new group so if I'm sharing old news with you, I'm sorry!
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
I heard their song "Home" a while back but kind of cast it off without really appreciating it and I hate myself for it. So this week, I went back and downloaded it along with a few of their other songs and man, oh man, are they something else! Once I fall in love with a song, I have to see if it has a music video, so that's what I did for "Home" and this is what I found.. 

If you don't find yourself smiling after watching Jade Castrinos sing, then you might not be human. 

But along with "Home" they have tons of other amazing songs as well! I'd recommend "Man on Fire" and "That's What's Up" (watch the video on this one!) for starters. They're definitely this summer's band for me! 

No comments :

Post a Comment